Saturday, September 29, 2012

Chapter 8 :)

For Hearing People Only  Chapter 8                                                                                        

This short chapter had lots of information in it that was new to me! One fact I found to be particularly interesting is that "ASL is said to be the only language in the world that is transmitted from child to child." I was surprised to read that until recently the only ASL classes offered were to hearing college students at post-secondary institutions. I definitely think that Deaf students should be able to take ASL as a class. There are many different dialects of ASL and rules that even a Deaf person who knows ASL wasn't aware of. I speak English and I can take as many English courses as I please, how should the policy be any different for a Deaf student speaking ASL.

No comments:

Post a Comment