Thursday, April 18, 2013

Chapter 68 :)

Do Deaf People Have to Wear Dark Colors?

This chapter was odd to me at first.... I remember my first semester of ASL the syllabus specified not to wear flashy distracting jewelry or really low cut tops. I understand the purpose behind these things but I had never really thought about the color or pattern of clothing. 
This chapter says that "novelty fabrics such as lame, metallic, or anything with a shimmery, sparkly, or holographic affect should be saved for parties." My first thought about this phrase was... most people wouldn't wear these sorts of things to professional jobs anyways. Also I know that when I dress up in professional attire I usually have on black dress pants... a black blazer... or something dark.  
I don't know, I understand some dress code restrictions but I agree with the authors of this chapter that this is not a valid point!

No comments:

Post a Comment