Friday, April 19, 2013

Chapter 70 :)

I thought this chapter was great!!! I have always wondered if this was true or not, but it makes sense that it is not that Deaf people can see better, they are just more alert.
At the last DCE I actually met a lady who was born Deaf and was losing her sight now. I do not believe that it was caused by anything but old age, but I feel like it would be very frustrating to lose both of those senses. 
I thought the portion about Ushers Syndrome was amazing, I could not believe being both Deaf and Blind, I was however even more surprised that professionals in the past had withheld the knowledge that people have this syndrome!!! Isn't that Illegal?!! Yes it would hurt to know, but in the end that is just something a person needs to know so that they can "acquire coping skills and learn to adjust" as well as choosing a suitable career. I found it very interesting to know that NTID students receive mandatory vision testing... this is a really cool thing and something I definitely didn't know about!

No comments:

Post a Comment